Very slow download speed

btnewbie

I meant that Comcast is my ISP (cable modem?). In any case, my download speed is too slow to make it worthwhile continuing. In the Speed Guide, I set my upload speed to 512. And yes, I've read the troubleshooting guide and the recommended uTorrent settings. I guess I'm ready to give up . . .

Same thing has happened to me, thats why Im here reading. I have the highest speed package available through Comcast, called the Blast package? Unlimited bandwidth plus a specialty modem to handle the speeds, so they said. I was flying on my torrents at 156 kb/s- 200, then all of the sudden I was trapped at an avg of 30 kb/s, now 1kb!!!! I had the same downloads going for almost 4 days straight which normally would be done in a matter of 5-6 hrs. I was dling 4.50 g files. Im completely baffled! Its not my computer or modem, I thought it was utorrent, but now Im just confused on this. If anyone knows what this could be caused from, please let me know! Thanks much!

I've used FAQ and Search, and read a bunch of messages about Comcast at http://www.dslreports.com/forum/comcast, and I've been through Ultima's troubleshooting guide, but none of these has helped. Over the last hour, I have an average download speed of 2.0 kB/s, with a current ETA of 23+ hours. I guess that's what I have to live with. No replies expected . . .

Archived