Socket not connected?

CyberK

I keep getting the following error....... "A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied."

I went through the whole process to make sure I had a statis IP and the port is open, what next?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Heah Fun_Thomas

I'm still struggling with just this. Win XP sp2, Kaspersky and "A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied.

Have you found out what it was? So I might be able to copy your solution?

Laurieston

• 3 months later...

I've just set net.outgoing_port and am now getting an error on updating my RSS feeds that looks like it comes directly from winsock:

"A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using sendto) no address was supplied."

After resetting net.outgoing_port updating my RSS feeds works smoothly again. I tried giving a range using net.outgoing_max_port but that causes the error again. So, to the guy above, if you've changed those settings in Advanced, then changing them back may be the fix for now.

Anyway, pressing on, I disabled my anti-virus (KAV as above) and noticed some further behaviour using TCPView, namely that instead of routing through KAV (as it's "Web AV" naturally wants to scan all traffic to port 80, RSS feeds in this case) [system Process]:0 now successfully checks the RSS feeds directly using ports from within the range specified by net.outgoing.

I re-enabled KAV to watch the behaviour again, with this insight, and noticed that the very first connection to the feeds is made by [system Process]:0 directly to the IP of the feed and goes through fine using an 'arbitrary' incremental TCP port outside the range specified in net.outgoing, however the next one tries to route through KAV, using a port from the net.outgoing range and fails, as do all further attempts before the connections are fully closed (they sit on TIME_WAIT).

I've used Azureus (regular and BitTyrant) prior to this, with the same set-up, and have not had this problem, even with multiple RSS feeds to check and only single outgoing port bound. I was using the RSSFeed Scanner plugin with Az. If I get time I shall reinstall Az and check to see how it performs the RSS read as best I can in the hopes that any info will help.

In the interest of completeness, I too am using Firefox as was the original poster. I'm running WinXP SP2, and uTorrent 1.7.5 build 4602.

Archived