Default Share ratio for specific trackers

c4rypt0

I am suggesting having both a default share ratio (which i believe is 1:1 this now) but also another option to set a share ratio specific to individual trackers.

This will likely only be of interest to private tracker users.

Essentially a user may/will want to share more by default on some trackers than others.

Before you say it this is not suggesting in ANY way that users share less just that they share more at some locations by default than others. This would save users having to change the share ratio individually per torrent.

Damn, that's actually a really good idea.

I have also been turning off non-private-tracked torrents after ratio 1.0 but for the private trackers I need to stop them at 1.75 which goes automatically. However, I download more from non-private trackers, so I actually spend more time turning off the public torrents...

This idea gets a big thumbs up by me! :)

nice lol

another way to do it would be to keep the infinite ratio but prioritise trackers.

I dont like this one as it suggests one tracker is superior than another (semantics really since both ways would acheive the same end of uploading more on some trackers than another)

I think its fair to say that users wont maintain and infinite share ratio ;) so perhaps the ratio based approach would be best if it was implemented.

An even fancier way that bring other benefits would be to have a tab to show per tracker transfers up and down along with averaged ratio. This would be a good place to define settings on a per tracker basis (e.g. default share ratio, treacker priority, minimum share ratio (for private sites that require a min ratio) etc

A simpler solution that probably needs to be done anyway is make it so we could change multiple torrents special settings at once, by highlighting multiple ones and clicking properties.

i really like this idea and it definately should be considered.

However this would only help if the torents were already in the queue. i.e. you would still need to change the settings each time you add a new torrent from a new torrent.

(ie. why shouldn't you seed back just as much on a public tracker..?)

thats a very good question.

a user has a finite amount of bandwidth and they should be able to decide where it is allocated. uT already ahs the abilty for users to make this choice all i suggest is that a feature is added to reduce the amount of work it takes to set this for each torrent.

Please lets not get into the un-winable private vs. public tracker debate :) ... its a big world there room enough for all flavours of torrent :)

Archived