Downloads

darkgohan

Well,that was helpful, I mean I am completely new at this!! Where it says location of DL files, I put this C:\Documents and Settings\JOE\My Documents\utorrent but it does not go there, it still pukes out all over my desktop.Do you think you could squeeze out a little more help?,or perhaps someone else could help a newbie get this up and running. TY I never claimed to be nice!!

Preferences > Directories is enough clear. If you set a directory, all your new torrents will go to this folder. For the old ones, you have to move them into this folder and change the download location manually (stop the torrent job, right click, Advanced > Set Dwl Location, force a recheck, restart the torrent job).

Now theres a positive guy!! I thought I explained myself quite humbly,never been afraid of admitting my shortcommings.Just seems that my requests are not following your hidden rule. If you are offended dont participate,as I certainly cannot understand your game my friend.Really you are very bizzare in your latest reply,still looking for some help,I know there are considerate people in here as well,and my request is within the norm. TY

When you add a torrent to µTorrent, it opens a dialog that asks you where you'd like to save the files. Pick the correct directory instead of the desktop.

If it doesn't show the popup, then in µTorrent, check the following:

Preferences > UI Settings > "Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent"

Preferences > Directories > "Always show dialog on manual add"

Torrents previously added won't be moved automatically to the directory selected in Preferences > Directories.

Sorry moogly got nowhere with this,though I attempted to cp or select all ctrl v,nothing worked for me. Again a lack of no how on my part.TY

Ultima,when I open utorrent-- I do a search it takes me to torrent search results,where it displays my results and I choose one of them. Up comes the mozzila downloads pop-up and where the download appears as well as one on my desktop.This is the problem right from the start of my using utorrent. I checked those settings as you suggested prior to this. I tried as well to perform mooglys idea but not a go for this kid. I have added nothing at all to the directories page other than to check those items you mention Ultima.TY [edit] Wanted to add this-- If I click on the torrent dls that are on my desktop the pop up you mention does appear and allows me to pick my directory. Just wish I could find out how to stop them puking out all over my desktop?? TY dark...

Mmmh I thought he spoke about associated data and not .torrents files. :D

If you save .torrents on your desktop before opening them with uT, you have to set your web browser to change the main download location.

uT add a work copy of each .torrent in folder %appdata%\utorrent (by default), so you can delete the first copy (this one from desktop) that is useless.

Archived