Please help me recover lost torrents.

jjmartin

After getting an error message this morning saying something like "unable to resume torrent list. Retry? Cancel?", I was unable to retry, and when I closed and re-opened Utorrent I show no torrents at all on the main page.

All of my downloading and seding files have disappeared.

I am an intermediate level user and was thinking of trying system restore, but before I do, does anyone recognize this problem, and have a fix?

Thanks

John Martin

I think I followed step A properly:(rename resume.old to resume and start Utorrent) It did not work.

Then I muddled through autoload instructions in migrate section, but when I move a completed torrent into Autoload folder, it puts it into Utorrent as a new torrent, and does not link to previously downloaded data.

Is system restore not a good option?

I apologize for not fully knowing what i am doing.

Not sure if System Restore affects appdata, I think it does though since some of my Firefox profile was messed up. Also, are you sure you named it properly? You're changing resume.dat.old to resume.dat, not the names you gave.

So I think your resume.dat is 'empty' because you opened uT and it was a blank window so the last resume.dat file saved no history.

Autoload function works if your (in)complete data (files & folders) are in the same main containing folder (like \Downloads or what you want).

Is there a way to re-link the completed downloaded files on my external drive to their corresponding torrents in my torrent list so that i avoid just starting a new download when I double click a torrent?

I am looking for ways around restoring my Utorrent program page, which so far i have failed at dismally.

Thanks for any help. I hope I will understand it.

WOW!!!

Thank you!

Unfortunately my Utorrent window is blank and I have been unable to restore it, so I will have to re-create them one at a time.

But eventually I will succeed, thanks to you and everyone who so kindly helped me.

John Martin

Archived