"Not Connectable"

fun100

I get the message "A firewall/router is blocking youre network traffic" with the red dot-slowing down my connection completely. The issue is not with the firewall but with the router, tried to create a new port at www.portforwarding.com but it still didn´t work. Also have hidden IP, could it have something to do with that? I feel lost, could someone help me?

Grateful for any responses

I am having this problem too and what even worst is that I'm not behind any router and I have already added uTorrent to my Window Firewall Exception list. I also added uTorrent to my ESET Smart Security Antivirus program to access all port. By the way i am on Window XP SP3.

• 1 month later...

I was hoping to get some help with this issue as well.

I have changed from a motorola cable modem to a motorola dsl modem because I switched ISP's. I have a Belkin N router which has ports forwarded and each computer on my network has a static IP.

Again, all I changed was the modem. I have a feeling that it is an issue with the at&t dsl modem's firewall. I used the Self Support tool and can see that the firewall is enabled but I can't figure out how to disable it. --Does anyone know how to do this? I can't find much help on the at&t boards.

So far I am able to download but no incoming connections allowed. Any ideas? Is this an At&T firewall issue?

Thanks.

Thank you Switeck. I don't remember having to forward ports on my cable modem. What I'm confused about now, having forwarded 1 of my ports, is how to do more than one.

I have a 2 computer network and have managed to forward ports for one. The second port is giving me fits. Both ports are for the same service, but I have created different service ID's for each. Each computer has a static IP within the network. The actual router has the ports forwarded as well.

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks again.

fun100, I have the same exact problem! uTorrent is detecting no incoming connections and the only firewall I have running is Windows Firewall. I have tried randomizing the ports, but upon testing some of them, none seem to be open. How do I get uTorrent to detect incoming connections so that torrents can download? I am on a cable connection with Windows SP3.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Archived