utorrent grinding to halt/dropping connections

Hello all,

I'm having a new issue after a long run of trouble free b/t -

currently: uTorrent starts just fine, downloads at a good clip (100k-1M), port forwarding seems ok

problem: dowloads start strong but after a few mins I can see the speed drop to 0/0 and all the connections to seeds and peers drop. Sometimes the light goes yellow, once it went red, sometimes stays green - no correlation that I can detect.

restarting uTorrent starts the whole process over again: starts strong, drops connections.

Here's the hardware specs:

Model Name: MacBook

Model Identifier: MacBook1,1

Processor Name: Intel Core Duo

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 2 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MB11.0061.B03

SMC Version: 1.4f12

Serial Number: 4H621032U9C

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Enabled

uTorrent: 9.1.1

Any history on this?

I've been seeing the same problem for quite some time. I just downloaded and installed 0.9.1.2 RC a few minutes ago and so far it seems to be behaving much better. Transfer rates are closer to what I expect and I haven't seen any sign of the slowdown & eventual stop of all connections.

I had the same problem. Sometimes, it would even crash my computer overnight and I'd have to restart in the morning.

Tried rolling back to 0.9.0.4. No go. It would instantly quit when it tried to resume a huge torrent I was already downloading and can't discard. So I'll have to try 0.9.1.2 RC. What this teaches me is that I shouldn't update to a new version without waiting a few weeks and checking this forum to see if people are having major problems with the new release. Based on the 3 pages of the 100% CPU thread, they definitely were.

As I wrote, I am switching to 0.9.1.2 because I have no other choice. 0.9.1.1 has the CPU problem and the older version now refuses to run. But after this, assuming there are no major problems, I'm waiting for bug reports before upgrading next time.

9.1.2 was released when I wrote that. Hence why I didn't include any special tags. Indeed unless one is comfortable with a beta release client it's always good to research first. Here's hoping it works better like it seems to for most people but there's a few niggling problems left apparently.

Archived