utorrent port (checking) problem?

colweb

utorrent (version 1.8.2) is green. Currently I have 2 torrents active, both from the same torrent site. For the first it says I'm connectable, the second I'm not.

The utorrent port checker page always comes with "An error has occurred! Port ... does not appear to be open." And when I use "http://www.t1shopper.com/tools/port-scanner/" to check, it also says the port is not open.

But when I start an older version of utorrent on the same computer and use the same port, everybody tells me the port is open.

What is going on?? I didn't change the adsl configuration, but the port seems to be open with an older en closed with the newest version of utorrent.

On the linux server/router iptables (not changed for ages) and on the window box f-secure. In f-secure (advanced tab, firewall, application control) utorrent is added. But even if I tell f-secure to allow all network traffic (effectively disabling the firewall), there are no changes.

Using an older utorrent version gives no problem, but with version 1.8.2 external port checkers gives sometimes open sometimes closed, but all the time utorrent self gives a green circle.

My software firewall (f-secure) can't be the cause. As soon as a program updates itself and tries to access the internet, f-secure pops up and will ask if this is ok. (Firefox updates almost daily and works always).

And I had the problems also when I disabled the software firewall. Only complete delete, download version 1.8.2 and install solved it. I still think there was something going wrong the moment automatic update kicked in.

Archived