Speed guide

Jomapil

Accordingly the Speed Guide I perform, when necessary, the speed tests.

Usually I'm at Portugal and I use a portuguese test. But, today, I finished to test several countries. And so:

Down Up " Name " of the test

6.15 781 (Portugal - Abeltronica )

9.68 (Portugal - Speedmeter )

2.87 766 (Spain - Internautas )

2.85 790 ( Switzerland - Netmeter )

764 ( Poland - Continuum )

3.99 746 (USA - Speakeasy )

0.907 802 (USA - Megapath )

2.68 800 (USA - Parsipanny )

For the upload speed, the tests are similar and there is no doubt, but with the download tests I'm puzzled and confused. What must I conclude?

In a world scale ( from 0 (min) to 100 (max) ) what must be my classification?

My contracted speed (ISP) is 24 Mbps. Are those numbers accordingly?

It's only a simple curiosity. I thank to whom satisfy this curiosity.

A good week-end.

;) Is it working close to your set upload near 75 consistently?

At 24 Mbit down you are above the many billions who don't even get 10 Mbit down, so I'd say you're probably close to the top 10%. The upload has much to be desired your D:U ratio is close to 30:1 meaning it takes much longer to upload even a fraction of what you download if you can get near your 3 MByte/sec theoretical maximum.

Also if you want to push it a bit more, you could try setting your upload as high as 90 if you're not doing much downloading at the time. Or you could set it, if you're the only one on the line using the bandwidth consistently to put 90-95 in the alternate upload when not downloading. If however you do share the line, you may want to use the Scheduler so you're not always hogging the connection :D

Thank you again, Jewelisheaven. I understood everything you teach me.

But another doubt arose : The chart at 768 kbps shows Connections Max = 150. But choosing 768 in the Speed Guide, automatically appears 450. Is it not the same thing?

Cheers.

There's a reason why I call my post "Suggested changes for Speed Guide"...because I wanted them to replace the settings uTorrent has in its Speed Guide (CTRL+G). :(

450 connections at once have a fair chance of knocking out even "decent" consumer networking hardware. Bad hardware...will probably fail even under mine (150 connections.) :(

Thanks Switeck an Jewelisheaven, you are very well-explained.

Let's hope the guide of Switeck will replace the incomplete table of the Speed Guide in a next update of µTorrent. It's interesting and useful to have that table updated, corrected and amplified without need of to do that manually.

Cheers.

Archived