Error : The system cannot find the path specified

NoJones

Vista Ultimate x64 + uTorrent 1.8.2

2 new torrents (what.cd) out of batch of 6 activated in same session. As soon as downloaded enough to write on disk the error message appears. I can start download using 'force recheck' (ending the same way).

'Open containing folder' => my documents. For some odd reason uTorrent looks from there instead of folder specified in preferences/Directories.

I hear some other torrent clients do not suffer same phenomenon, but I'd rather stick with uTorrent I've used for years. What to do?

Well,,, in the folder there is data of ~100 torrents seeding and 7 downloading as I write this. I really don't know how to check if uTorrent literally has rights to access that folder but running it as admin does not help.

How long is the path?

You like music, great! Unfortunately, sometimes those people who tag their data (properly) like to make very\verbose\descriptions\in\file\paths instead of leaving it in tags where it belongs. If you're not saving it close to your root, ie. instead under "C:\Users\MyUsername\My Documents\Downloads\" that's already 43 characters. http://utorrent.com/faq/errors/#faq1

Archived