Where did the file go?

tetrakis

First off, great release. I have an issue that is MY fault. I originally had an external harddrive set as my default location. Well, the external drive wasn't connected when I started a download. Utorrent started downloading anyway, to where I have no idea. Now, my mac acts as if the file has been downloaded (e.g., it's a 15 gb file and I now have 15 gb gone on my available harddrive). I have tried to find the file, but cannot. Search on the mac has not brought it up. Any ideas of where it would've downloaded to? I've maxed out my internal harddrive already, so this is complicating things.

thanks!

had a similar problem. try checking /volumes/(name of your external drive i went into preferences in utorrent, and the download location had the same name, but the icon for a folder was just a blank white square. reselected the download location, and it went and is now rechecking, with success. i shut down utorrent, and was able to delete the files. the /volume directory is hidden, i think that is why searching doesn't reveal the file.

wow, that was exactly it! Thanks for heading me in the right direction.

I didn't know exactly how to find these "hidden" volumes. But, I found this thread on another site that someone describes the EXACT problem and solution I had: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=244157

I really wish this info was readily available in the faq or something.

Archived