Vista Home Premium 64 Speed/Download Problem

Justbrad93

PROBLEM: only can get up to 60kb/s (rarely. mainly 20~30kb) on downloads now and my dsltest has dropped drasticly

SPECS:

Dell inspiron 15

Vista Home Premium 64 bit service pack 1

Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz

3.00GB Ram

ISP-Frontier.net

DI-524 modem

Connection-Wireless

Utorrent 1.8.2

Dsl speed report-- i used to get up to 3300kb/s but currently i am only reaching a max of 1000kb/s(could this be due to the tcp.sys changes i made?)

MOST CURRENT TEST

7381.png

STATUS

i am getting a red exclamation mark stating that i have a listening error

THINGS IVE ALREADY DONE

port fowarded successfully

set my max half open thing to 100 in my TCP.sys setting (vista default is 10)

set my half-open in the advance settings

THINGS IVE NOTICED

-i was downloading prototype (7gb filesize) which had 3kseeders and my download was only getting 0-3kb/s i then noticed while this was downloading all other downloads started to run normally. i tried downloading a different compressed version(2.7gb) with only 300seeders and my download was hitting 500kb/s to a max of 750kb/s however after i turned off and rebooted my computer the next time i could not repeat this and have not been able to repeat this.

-Uploads seem to upload at full speed

-downloading from the internet downloads at 300kb-500kb/s

-currently downloading a 3.66gb file connected to 29(89) seeds with 51kb

a 2.72gb file connected to 48(353) seeds with 20-30kb/s

-My incredibly slow xp computer Desktop is using the exact same settings in utorrent that i am (except the half open thing xp is set to 8 my laptop is set to 100) and it is getting a greenflag)

the reason i dont use that for downloads is then cause i have to transfer it to my laptop and that computer takes a good 10 to 15 minutes to turn on

Please any comments or suggestions will help me or anything that ive done that looks bad or incorrect please let me know. Also if you need any more information like some internet information or social security number(jk obviously) let me know!

~THX~

P.S. I know that prototype cant run on my comp due to lack of gh/z i miss read the requirements so i found out that you needed 2.6ghz instead of 1.6ghz :P out this when i was running reeeaaaalll slow.

UPDATE-with utorrent not up i can get up to 2.4k kb/s on the dsl report and .6k upload but this still isntwut it used to be

UPDATE#2-im using mcafee firewall and both my port and utorrent has been allowed full access incoming and outgoing and all of the around going

UPDATE#3-i just started downloading a 5gb file with 1.6k seeders connecting to about 25 and my overall dl rates went from an average of 30kb-50k to 60kb-100kb per download.

set my max half open thing to 100 in my TCP.sys setting (vista default is 10)

set my half-open in the advance settings

Doesn't help with this issue, and is actually more likely to be causing problems.

UPDATE-with utorrent not up i can get up to 2.4k kb/s on the dsl report and .6k upload but this still isntwut it used to be

provide a link to the results in this case from speedtest.net

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992

thank you so far but i know that and i do caution on these things and test them out.

if i do not patch the tcpip.sys file my max is at 30kb and it takes a good hour to reach the max.

if i take away the limit and increase the number of half-open slots then my speed quickly reaches a max of 70ishkb and sometimes but rarely can hover around 130kb when im idle. i do not believe this is the problem i believe that something is limiting my connection to seeders and i believe it has to do with the fact that i am running a vista. on every other computer in my house they seed faster than me and i have the best system specs however they are all running on xp while im on vista. therefore i can only assume it has something to do with vista.

also all other types of windows except xp sp2 or something have unlimited half open slots while vista sp1 limits it to 10. microsoft is taking out the limit in the sp2 of vista so i think that it must not be good or otherwise they would leave it in hence i patched it to be unlimited.

if you have proof otherwise please i am happy to listen and i know that i am not the most tech savy guy out there so any help at all would do.

Archived