uTorrent removes peers when tracker is changed

Lemniscate

Nope, it's a private torrent. Didn't realize that uTorrent flagged it as private -- I know Vuze doesn't

So is there a workaround? Other than manually adding the peers back by hitting add, is there a bulk add option? Can I edit a file that has the list of peers saved, or maybe the torrent? Can I remove the private flag?

If anyone is interested in an autohotkey script that changes the tracker and adds the peers back you should use this, although it would need some modification to work to your exact needs. This should only be used for legitimate purposes

/*
Requirements:
Make sure you have selected the torrent on which you want to change the tracker and add back the peers
Make sure the peers tab is open and visible below
*/

DetectHiddenText, On
DetectHiddenWindows, On
SetTitleMatchMode, 2

oldTracker = http://tracker.thepiratebay.org/announce ; Just an example. Enter your own
newTracker = udp://tracker.thepiratebay.org:80/announce

^+z::
WinWait, µTorrent
WinWaitActive, µTorrent
SendInput, {TAB 2}{APPSKEY}c ; Copies the peers list
FileAppend, %Clipboard%, %appdata%\Roaming\uTorrent\peerlist.txt ; Saves it to a peerlist file in Application Data\Roaming\uTorrent
WinActivate, µTorrent
SendInput, {TAB 3} ; Selects the torrent once again
SendInput, {APPSKEY}{UP}{ENTER}
WinWaitActive, Torrent Properties
SendInput, %newTracker%{TAB}{ENTER} ; Sets up the new tracker in torrent properties
WinWaitActive, µTorrent
SendInput, {TAB 5} ; Selects the peers tab below
Loop 100 ; Adds the peers back one by one from the peerlist.txt file (up to 100 peers)
{
SendInput, {TAB}{APPSKEY}a
WinWaitActive, Add Peer
FileReadLine, line, %appdata%\Roaming\uTorrent\peerlist.txt, %A_Index%
if ErrorLevel ; Ends once there are no more lines to the peerlist.txt file
break
SendInput, %line%{ENTER}
}
SendInput, {ESC} ; Exists the add peers dialog
FileDelete, %appdata%\Roaming\uTorrent\peerlist.txt ; Deletes peerlist.txt for next time
return

You can find autohotkey here www.autohotkey.com. It's highly recommended for adding functionality to windows. (free & open source)

Archived