upload limit

jadajen

Hi. I have been using utorrent for years now and this is the first time I have had to write here. I have no idea if anyone else has had this trouble but this morning I agreed to an update for 1.8.3 and ever since then I have had trouble with my upload limit. I always have mine set on 18kbs cos I seem to get the best download speed with that but since upgrading my upload limit is doing whatever it wants and going way too high which of course is then choking my download speed. I have checked every possible spot where you can set the upload speed and they are all set on 18kbs like normal but it is going up as high as 80kbs. Please does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you for replying. I have limited local peer bandwidth and automatic upload rate is NOT on. It feels as though it is just ignoring whatever I put down as my upload rate. I have never had this problem before and I just don't understand as the only thing I changed was to upgrade my utorrent. Very frustrating.

Sorry. I seem to have fixed it myself by unticking all the boxes on the bittorrent page under preferences. Have let it go the last couple of hours and have been watching it and now it seems to be doing what it should. Don't know why this worked because I didn't change anything beforehand but I am not going to argue. Thanks for your help.

Probably an intermittent uTP (UDP-based) connection to you caused it...and you're not getting it right now.

Re-enable Peer Exchange and Ask Tracker for Scrap Information. Those are relatively low-bandwidth AND are generally intermittent (like no more than once a minute for Peer Exchange per peer/seed and even less often for the 2nd.)

Archived