Error: Disallow the Fast IO path for this operation

hedodiver

Hi... I just upgraded to v 1.8.3, and now whenever I start it a torrent, it will get a few MB's downloaded and then stop, and I get an error message in the "status" column that says "Error: Disallow the Fast IO path for this operation". I've tried this with several different torrents, and get the same thing every time.

I haven't been able to find any documentation regarding this specific error.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I'm running Vista Home Premium, and have used pervious versions with no issues whatsoever.

At the time you get the error, you're already uploading to other peers?

For ERROR_FLT_DISALLOW_FAST_IO, try unchecking the "disable windows caching ..." boxes in uTorrent's advanced, disk cache. It may go slow and eat memory, but I'd like to know if you still get the same error with that.

It might also be buggy drivers... so what drive and drive controller models are you using?

Hi there...thanks for your help!

I'm just starting to upload to other peers when I get the message.

I unchecked "siable windoes caching" in UTorrent, but still get the same error.

My drive is a Samsung HD321KJ... not sure where to look to find the specific drive controller.

Again...thanks for the help. Do you think think that finding a previous version of uTorrent would help? I didn't have this problem until I upgraded to the most current version.

• 6 months later...

i think it related with windows 7 upgrade. i am using windows vista but before i get this error i want upgrade my OS to windows 7 and i set the windows 7 dvd and boot from dvd and windows 7 files loaded. after i change my mind and i didn't load windows 7 and i want to use vista again. but vista didn't work first time and windows repair program started and i get this error. also i get this message when i want to create new folder.

Archived