Changed to BitTorrent

diadara

Since the last update, uTorrent has been nothing but trouble for me and my family. I've spent countless hours with my ISP support and sent them at least 20 emails about our connection speed. It seemed to change from 4 Mbit/s to our normal 12 Mbit/s rapidly, sometimes it was a matter of minutes, sometimes hours. Finally I located the problem. uTorrent lowered the speed in our entire household! And this without anyone of us downloading anything, only seeding. Strange thing was, our upload speed was fine during this time of trouble.

I tested it over and over again, and it gave the same result. No one downloading nor seeding, but had uTorrent running = down to 4 Mbit. Closed uTorrent = our speed went up to 12 Mbit.

How can a program just by being started, lower the broadband speed by 60%?

Luckily I managed to stop the ISP technicians from coming here to investigate, or I would have been forced to pay for their visit. Now that would have been embarrasing.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, I was just so upset I had to post asap.

Running BitTorrent untouched on all PC's, no setups changed, and our speed is fine. If a whole guide with setups is needed to make uTorrent run properly, then it's not a user friendly program. Alas, I wont use it anymore. Not a flame, only my personal opinion.

Not arguing with you there, but daughter was using uTorrent while I was using BitTorrent. I noticed the change on my PC before I changed it on hers. I couldn't even browse the web. Anyway, I'm still convinced that uTorrent is more suitable for advanced users, unless the programmers can come up with a step-by-step, GUI guide. That would be awesome, been using it since the first release.

-Conspiracy theory just hit me, Swedish government suing owners of Pirate Bay by the new IPRED-law, ISP choking my d/l while using uTorrent... hmm :)

uhhhhhhhhhhh didn't bittorrent buy utorrent? they're like identical now? anyway, yea i have some similar troubles, but it isn't the programs fault it's my damn ISP throttling my connection whenever I start takin care of business in a fast manner hahaha

Archived