speed problems

lafrancis

just started to download a torrent with usu. abt. 30+ seeds and 300+ peers in the swamp and I'm usu. connected to 3-6 seeds and 50+ peers. The availability is ~18.0 but I only get an average speed of 15kB/s

Having such a source will normally give me at least close to 100kB/s very often, if not over 100kB/s. But I haven't seen it even get near it. I've checked my settings and tried to use the conservative ones, but there's no change(my status is green at the bottom of the window).

I was downloading another file about 1/2 a week ago(from a different tracker) and the performance didn't seem so "affected". Can someone please explain a reason and suggest a solution around this? Thank you.

hi, everyone, frankly i am still trying to get my best transfer up to 1mb/s atleast. its 3 days over and i am still trying. so plz can some1 help me.

well i watced every youtube video that can bring me up to 1mb/s.. but in vain. it is still 57kb/s. lot of try. but damn... i finally foward my port to my 192.168.1.1 myt netwrk modem. but still it does show ameilioration. there is some information obout my uttorent setting....

UTTORENT>preferences>Bandwich

MAXIMUM UPLAOD RATE: 10

GLOBAL MAXIMUM NUMBER OF CONNECTION: 2329

Maximum NUMBER OF PEER PER TOORENT: 1890

UPLOAD SLOTS: 14

uttorent>preferences>Queing

MAXIMUM NUBER OF ACTIVE TOORENT:60

MAXIMUM NUBER OF DOWNLOAD: 63

RATIO <=100

UTTORENT>preferences>advance>(which i have modifyyy)

bt.allow_same_ip TRUE

bt.prio_first_and_last_piece TRUE

dht rate: 2

net.max_halfopen: 500

net.outgoing port: 50

net.wsaevents:150

peer.disconect_innactive_interval: 900

Rss.update_interval: 20

(((THIS IS ALL WHICH I HAVE BEEN MODIFYING THESE DAYS < BY WATCHING VIDEOS FROM YOUTUBE AND USING IDEAS FROM THE FAQ AND THE SAME TO THE WHOLE NET>>>> SINCE I HAVE NO AMELIORAZTIO>> PLZ HELP ME> I NEED SOMEONE >> PLSSSSSSS

wakfu, your settings are so HORRIBLE, we have a special link concerning them:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=52014

Those settings won't help you, they're abusive on your network, on your ISP, and to others.

You need to find out what your connection's max download and upload is...and base utorrent's settings off your max sustainable upload speed, which may be considerably lower than even the speed test max upload speed!

2nd link in my signature.

Archived