Opening BitTorrent Shuts Off My Internet Access

jimmyv900

Hello, I really hope someone out there can help me out on this.

I've noticed that every time I open BitTorrent and/or uTorrent, both the most recent up to date versions, I am disconnected from the internet after a few minutes. I used to use the service with no problems at all, sometimes leaving it open for hours. Now, after maybe 5 minutes my internet stops working.

When I try to connect again my PC tells me it could not connect, when I diagnose it says that there is a "low wireless connection" even though it shows me that network is available and has FULL green bars. The full message says "Wireless association failed because Windows did not receive any response from the wireless router or access point." The only thing I can do is shut off the computer and after a few hours it will be able to connect again. Not only does it cut off wireless access to my laptop, it also shuts off access to my iPod Touch and Xbox 360. This has happened to me in numerous locations, with different internet providers and different routers, and even in multiple states.

Like I said, the common factor seems to be BitTorrent. Only when I open the client does this problem occur. It doesn't seem to matter what I am downloading, the size, or even if I'm downloading at all. This problem also happened on my PC and now it won't connect to my network at all, even though it does see the network, with full bars.

I am using an HP Pavilion laptop with Windows Vista, with all recent updates, and as far as I know my PC is clean of any malware/trojans/virus' etc...

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks to anyone who has replied here. Let me just add a few items that might be helpful.

- I have been able to download TONS of stuff in the past with no problem. Maybe up to 20 downloads at a time with a high kbps, and large files. Only recently has this problem occurred.

-It doesn't seem to be a traffic/speed problem, it's a complete shutdown of internet access for extended periods of time and while I can see my network it simply will not allow me to connect and give me the "low wireless signal" error, when it's clear that that signal is at maximum strength.

-I have limited the number of upload/downloads, as well as the speed.

Thanks again.

Archived