Limited Uploads & Downloads

Sofire

For some reason UTorrent is only allowing me to download and upload a total of 7 torrents.

I have changed my preferences to allow more but it doesn't have any effect.

If I have more than 7 torrents downloading and uploading, then the 8th torrent won't start downloading until I delete an upload or a download completes.

This has never been a problem before. Can anyone help?

Taa

Sofire

I also am having this problem, For some reason, I can only download 2 things at a time. Before, if I wanted to download 100 things...no problem. Now no matter what I put in my que, only 2 things will download at a time, can anyone tell me what might be wrong? I use Utorrent. I have never had a problem until now. I also use the rss downloader and last tv season all of my tv shows would automatically download overnight, but now it is not working either. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. I live in Germany and I like to watch alot of tv, now it is taking forever. I looked in the FAQ and searched and cannot find anything. Thanks,

My preference settings are:

Maximum upload rate- 0

Maximum download rate- 0

Global maximum number of connections- 100000000

Maximum number of connected peers per torrent- 100000000

Number of upload slots per torrent- 100000000

Use additional upload slots if upload speed is <90%- Box is checked.

D

Thanks, I looked at the chart and followed it and I still can only download 2 things at a time. I have 4 things that I am trying to download and onl 2 will do it. When one is finished a different one starts. I have never had this problem before, it just started. I also cant get the rss downloader to work. I have a show set up to download automaticall, last year it did, this year it wont. I dont understand. Any other suggestions? I reall appreciate it.

D

Sofire, Tiscali ADSL ISP in the UK is known to seriously cripple BitTorrent traffic:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=288394#p288394

They are very careless WHAT they throttle:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/01/21/tiscali_itunes_blocked/

Your upload slots (at 50) were set ~10 times too high for your line. More upload slots are allowed if NEEDED, but allowing 50 PER TORRENT is insane even for extremely fast lines -- such as 100 megabit/sec upload speed!

You probably have less than 1 megabit/sec upload speed, of which less than 1/2 of that is probably usable by uTorrent under the best of circumstances thanks to your ISP's hostile policies. :(

Archived