Bug with this forum "Double posts"

the_snare

It won't let me put another post in a thread with my name. I am not trying to double post (assuming that means here, like I've heard on other forums, posting the same message twice) I'm trying to add a new post to the thread, and it won't let me. The thread I want to post in is a little old and I want to bump it.

No, this forum software prevents a second post in a row from the same person to prevent people from bumping their threads and making double posts. I should probably modify it to allow bumping after some time has passed, but I've been too busy to really do that.

If you think something is ugly, then just change the theme. Or give feedback in the site design feedback thread.

@Firon: Indeed, having a timer is something I've been wondering about too. Preventing double posts is meant only to stop users from being retarded and posting a minute-by-minute report or nagging every hour, on the hour. After a few days, if a thread has become quiet, people who can help may not see edits that are pertinent due to the always-enforced no-double-posting thing going on currently.

If you do make the modification, be sure to also make a mention of the exact time limit duration in the double posting error message so that users know when it's okay to bump the thread again.

Archived