1.8.5 ANY good? Speed problems w/ 1.8.3. PLS no more port forwarding!

Euterpe

I have 1.8.3 I had 1.8.4 but that stopped working (I mean 'working well' Seriously started with over 300 kb/s downloads and then I was lucky if I could get it up to 50!) after a while. As 1.8.3 seems to be doing now... I've gone over basically every guide and what not on here but am still having speed problems. I have written out a nice long detailed message about it. HOWEVER, it says people here won't help unless you have the newest version?

I am hestitate about installing 1.8.5 because every single time I install a different version of Utorrent I have to do port forwarding to my router all over again. And often it takes multiple tries before it will work. The static IP I set replaces the original IP so I have to reset the static again and ahhh... frustrating. SO... unless 1.8.5 is way more stable and won't start giving me super crappy speeds after a few weeks (as with the previous two versions), then I'm not planning on upgrading until they've 'worked the kinks out'...

"Is your computer's static LAN ip changing or the router forwarding to a different LAN ip?"

I'm not sure. For example my original IP ended in 126 so I created the static as 127. Now when I go to command prompt (and do ipconfig/all) and look at my IP address it says 127 instead of 126. So if I have to do port forwarding again that means I'll have to set up a new static IP.

Archived