cannot find element and refuses to dl even if i dont want element!

baseball_lover

sometimes i have deleted parts of the downloaded torrent i dont want but get a missing element error if i do so meaning that i cannot download anymore! I have to restart the whole thing again from scratch and lose data even if i do not want the missing element!

can the missing element error be manually skipped in theis situation please - as it is very inconvenient only being able to skip / not download files when initially selecting what you want to download

hello, yes. that was the first thing i did! I have been using utorrent for a long time (it is the best!) but it still had the problem! As soon as I re-started the torrent it said that there was a missing element! I have not had this problem too often as i do not normally delete before the download has completed. this is not a major bug but from memory I think that the force re-check used to work and resolved the problem pre utorrent 2.0 (albeit with me asking utorrent to skip the files manually i think?) but on the newer versions it causes the problem I described - skipping manually was not supported in this scenario either! (not sure about the latest version i have though - build 17774 - because i think i was auto updated recently so the previous version/s was/were the culprit/s but will advise if I come across it).

Note: The only way that I could resolve it was by recovering the deleted part from the recycling bin (as long as I hadn't deleted it from there, of course!)

Note2: This 'might' be as a result of me now using the add '!ut' extension for incomplete downloads?

I am sure that I must be confusing things.

Here is the scenario - I download a big torrent with 5 700mb avi files, when I first selected the torrent all I wanted was 1 out of the 5 so I let the down load finish when I have the one 100 percent! Then I test it for quality, burn off onto cd and/or move it to a different location on a different hdd whilst at the same time deleting it from the utorrent folder to save space on my primary hdd. Once I tested it for quality, taste, etc I then decide to download the other 4 files but because I deleted the 1 file which I had already downloaded utorrent says it cannot find the missing element which I had already deleted and refuses to download the other ones! I cannot even tell it to not download it again via the don't download/seed command (to skip it); in this scenario only putting back the completed torrent or deleting the torrent and data entirely (and starting again from scratch) works to resolve the issue

I expect that the workaround is for me to ask utorrent to move completed files to another directory (is it?) but, as I have had trouble with this feature before, I am reluctant to use it.

I have not got a massive hdd on my pc and am disappointed that utorrent expects me to keep redundant information on it and would appreciate a fix (unless it has been fixed already?) as I have already lost data and time because of this

Archived