port forwarding

lnorris12

I am using an unusual set-up i have a speedstream 4200 modem and a linksys 54gs router the issue i am running into is that if i use the router i have a dfferent setup of ip 192.168.1.100 when i use the modem i get a ip of 192.168.254.2

Now here is where the problem lies if i use just the modem i can get the port forward to work just fine. However the moment i go to the router i lose the incoming connection. I have used the portforward and firewall instruction from the portforward.com

Thanks

Len

• 1 month later...

uh guys, i don't really know where to post this... so i'll go right ahead and post this here. i'm in delhi,india and i'm using a sterlite sam300ax router with a mtnl connection thts supposed to get me 512 kbits/sec. i have set up a static ip and a virtual server so as to port forward for utorrent. now i'm using PFportchecker from portforward.com. I had a COMODO firewall which i uninstalled and i have turned off my windows firewall. now the problem is that sometimes the PFportchecker tells me tht the port is open and sometimes not reachable despite all settings being the same bothways. plz help. i cant make head or tails out of this.

Archived