Windows 7 port problem

haywoodjiblomi

download speed terrible...followed my d-link wbr2310 router instructions and set port, did port check and got "port 10318 does not appear to be open" message.

also to tell you: utorrent status light is green triangle with exclamation point in it.

speed guide shows upload limit of 0.0, slots as 4, connections per torrent as 50, global as 200, max acctive torrents as 8 and downloads as 5.

i'm using windows 7

average download speed of 15 kBs. . speed test showed 4.03 mbs down and up of .4

help needed please

My speed settings

Control panel>System and Security>Windows Firewall> Advanced settings> Inbound Rules> Action> New Rule> Port> TCP> Specific local ports> set a port you want to use, i use 42000, then set it.

Then go to utorrent and set it as your port

Go to,

utorrent preferences> BitTorrent> Port Encryption> Enabled

utorrent preferences> Bandwidth> Global maximum number of connections: 450> Maximum number of connected peers per torrent: 200.

Hope it helps!

"utorrent preferences> Bandwidth> Global maximum number of connections: 450> Maximum number of connected peers per torrent: 200."

I do not recommend setting max connections per torrent so high. You'll basically have huge hordes of peers that will refuse to upload to you if you give them nothing.

Archived