how do we configure uttorent settings to stop it freezing up so much?

sausages

i find uttorent 2.0 freezes up a lot and when i try to end it in taskmanager it wont go so i have to reboot my pc and start again. why wont it let us end it in taskmanager? so now i use an older version from <munched>. then i want to understand the numbers in the uttorent options-preferences section. is there a comprehensive step by step explination of what all these sections do anywhere? eg in the bandwidth part global connections-global number of connections its starts at like 950 i think ( i changed it lower to 900 to see what hapened) but can someone explain in detail what this means?? 900 connections to what..and what happens if we reduce the number....we need more info.

whats maximum number of connections per torrent ? again please explain

and number of upload slots per torrent...again we need help to understand what this means and how we can change the numbers...most importantly why can bitcomet let us download say 24 torrents at a time yet i find uttorrent goes wrong particuarly if im getting 4 or more files at the same time......what is wrong?????? thanks in advance to anyone who helps me

ok im new here i have zonealarm free firewall ( your sticky from 2006 is out of date as you cant do those steps anymore) and i thought uttorent automatically alters zonealarm ? what other security info do you want ? i have avira antivirus, im on windows vista, i use a vpn., i use processlasso from http://www.bitsum.com/prolasso.php which adjusts how much cpu a process uses, ive barely changed any settings..like i said i gave up on version 2.0 of uttorent i now use version 1.8.5 of uttorent. i used bitcomet for years and it did the job ok..yes its a system hog of memory but it handled torrent files...i heard about uttorent being a rival that uses way less memory so thought id try it...so far its ok but it does freeze up too much and hates it if i try to download a few files at same time. ok i hope this extra info help...also in on a 50mb cable isp if thats any use, thanks

ok i disabled zonealarm as i checked into my dlink router has an ok firewall..but utorrent 2.0 still crashes ! it freezes up and wont let me end the task in windows task manager...utorrent isnt working ok it has a problem...is there any way i can find out why it freezes ( eg are there any error report saved in the pc anywhere.)..or why not make an error reporting function like firefox has or windows????

in task manager i right click to create a dump file and it says..dumping process, please wait while the process is written to the file , but 5 mins later its still there..how long does it take to create a dump file? i then googled for info on dump files and found this free bit of software http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/dd996900.aspx i forgot to write down where it gets installed to..so anyone that gets it please tell me its install path thanks.

dreadwingknight do you have a link to more info on zonealarm hooks please ? i dont want to totally unistall it unless its the definate cause of my crashes, and yes i look at faq's and search but many people find utorrent crashing at the moment

Archived