Incorrect report to private tracker.

shadek

1, I started downloading a 4.5 GB torrent.

2, After 30% downloaded, I decided I didn't want the sample of the home-video. I choose to skip it.

3, After the torrent is done, the private tracker still, after 12 hours, tells me I'm leeching and not seeding the torrent.

Shouldn't µTorrent in this case tell the tracker I'm seeding? I mean, I'm 100% done with what I want. If it's a bug, now you know. If it's not, I really think µTorrent needs a tweak here. I think in these cases, µTorrent should tell the tracker I'm seeding, not leeching, even if I'm not 100% done with the 'complete' torrent due to my decision to not include the sample (as mentioned above, I did that after 30% was done so I got parts of the sample).

Yeah, but that is open for discussion. Seeding could also mean you're done downloading what you want and 'seed' all parts you have of the torrent. I know a tracker admin who hand out advices saying: "people who wants to raise their ratios should download the sample and then _seed_ it." 'Seed' is the keyword here.

Of course, I'm _totally_ fine with µTorrent working this way. It's just that I haven't seen this before (most other clients would report 'seed' in this case). I just wanted to point it out just in case it was a bug or something. :)

Archived