Three Window Music Player Idea @ludde & vurlix

IQ70

• 5 weeks later...

I only swear to FooBar2000 and Winamp. The days I need a full-blown music player I start Winamp (which is so loverly because you can slim it down if you want or add hundreds of plugins to get more stuff) and listen to podcast (YES, Winamp supports RSS podcasts). Usually for the ordinary background music stuff (I listen to di.fm and etn.fm a lot) I use FooBar2000 because I wanted to try another player.

EDIT: Had to get this in too. Okay. I don't know why someone would want Ludde to write a music player. He is busy improving µTorrent and I would never ask him to do anything else. As mentioned in this post, FooBar2000 is your minimalist music player of choice. If it lacks any feature download a plug-in for it (or request a plugin on the FooBar2000 forums or even better: write it yourself, study C++). Winamp can also be hell of a lot minimalistic if you remove a lot of plugins from the plugins folder. Don't enjoy the library and can do fine with just the playlist editor? Remove gen_ml.dll then. Don't like AAC support? Remove in_mp4.dll then.

Archived