Mailing list

SK

You have to realize that the builtin update check isn't of any use for people not yet using the program. Some people are still waiting for features to get implemented so they can switch.

I for one would sign up to a mailinglist like this in a heartbeat.

You have to realize that the builtin update check isn't of any use for people not yet using the program. Some people are still waiting for features to get implemented so they can switch.

I for one would sign up to a mailinglist like this in a heartbeat.

I for one, wouldnt'. Guess i have to realize people are very lazy aswell. You can very well check a website once a month or so, and most people heard of the client in the first place from other forumsnewsites etc, so im sure they will find out about a release regardless.

but Honey of course we are all lazy thats why the PC has been invented. If something can be done automatically let it be done automatically.

Otherwise go and request to insert every name of a torrent you add by typing manually, as you are not lazy. This lazy argumentation has no point and stop using it in every other thread.

There's usefulness and there's plain useless.

-ness

i also hope that utorrent will not be bloatware but a simple timer that will check once a day is really only some byte for code and is a nice feature especially when theres an update every other day in the beginning.

This feature never should have been requested, it is already easy enough to find out if there is a new version. utorrent checks automatically and prompts you to download, and since this feature was requested from someone who obviously uses the website, you can check the main page when you come to the forum. If you don't come through the main page, get into the habbit of checking for new announcements in the forum. I get enough email as it is, and i should hope that no one needs that reminders that a new version has been released.

yes absolutely right Dajojo and utorrent checks for a new version at startup. But only at startup. A malinglist is without any use if utorrent would check once a day.

I take your point -- I've had v114 running non-stop since I rebooted my pc just after downloading it and I think I restarted v113 once the previous week.

(I'm no mega-downloader, just a generous seeder!)

But a simple announcement-only mailing list would be a no-brainer and would include folks waiting for their 'all-important-feature' to be included in the client?

Archived