Can't find my files

diremommy

I searched the forums and found similar problems, but not this exact one, sorry if it's been asked and answered already.

I have the latest version (non-beta) version of utorrent installed, 2.0.2, and I'm running on Windows Vista. Utorrent has been running just fine, but suddenly today the torrent files aren't showing up in my downloaded torrents folder. Nothing has been changed, but the only way I can find the completed file is to click "open containing folder", and it opens the users- <user>-apps-roaming whatever. The file then plays properly, but the only way I've found to get to that folder is to open containing folder, and it won't let me move it while the file is still in utorrent.

It was working fine earlier today, but tonight, I can't seem to get the folders where they are supposed to be. Any help would be greatly appreciated! It doesn't seem to be ALL the folders, just a couple of movies.

The folder you named is %appdata%\utorrent.

For these torrent jobs with this issue, click on General tab and look at the field called 'Save as'. What's the path?

But move the files then stop the torrent jobs, right click, Advanced > Set Download Location. Force a recheck.

I am having a similar problem. I have Windows 7 64-bit operating system and I'm running uTorrent 2.0.3. When I go to C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent, all I get is a single file called uTorrent.exe.

Every software that I have, no matter how basic, has several technical files that make the executive file work. I don't care about this but I think this is causing my problem. When I close uTorrent completely & restart it, my files in uTorrent disappear. They're completely gone from uTorrent and there is no trace of them in the folders that I assigned for incomplete and complete downloads. All that's left over are the original torrent links which I saved on my hard drive but when I open those files my downloads don't start where they left off...they start from the beginning as if they were never being downloaded.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I tried all of the basic stuff...are there any technical solutions?

Thanks,

Andy

Archived