Incomplete transfers.

Brightneon

There is collection I tried download. Search said 116 seeders, but only see 9 and only got 83% downloaded. I can find some of the files individually in the collection. Do I copy the downloads over the top so they can upload to peers? Do I report torrent as incomplete? Or just complete the collection and delete the torrent from client and keep the data? Would be nice to merge file sources.

You do however have to stop the torrent and do Force Recheck to recognize the added pieces.

This can be an absolute pain due to the delays of checking a multi-GB torrent on a slow drive. :(

Another way is to start another torrent client with just the missing parts and connect it to the FIRST torrent client which has most of the torrent...but you still have to get some extras because of edge piece overlaps. I'd say doing this is harder than it sounds, but once you've done it a time or 2 it's only tedious rather than incredibly hard.

in uTorrent, in the PEERS window/tab...right-click and Add Peer. Do note you MUST use the 2nd torrent client's LAN (or local!) ip address and port and there absolutely must not be a firewall or router blocking or it completely won't work.

The ip would probably resemble something like this if it's another computer on a LAN:

192.168.1.103:62007

(listening port 62007 in the 2nd computer's Bittorrent client)

Archived