Cannot Access Utorrent - Trying to load trackers message?

JubbatheHutt

So I'm not sure what's going on. I left my rig running over the weekend in order to seed. I get back this morning, everything looks to be fine. I close utorrent for a moment, than initiate it to start it up once again and am immediately prompted with this message:

"The torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents. Do you want to load the trackers from it?"

I choose "Yes" but as soon as I do, the message is repeated. I continue to click yes and I get no further. I decide to try selecting "no" and again, the message just re-prompts itself.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out A) what's going on and B) how to remove said message and continue to run utorrent...

Any help would be appreciated.

Sidenote: I've read that this might be caused by having several of the same tracker(s), but to my knowledge I do not have any duplicates (obviously I don't know because I can't actually utorrent besides the "Yes and No" prompt).

Are you sure you didn't mix the .torrent storage folder with the .torrent autoload folder in Preferences > Directories?

Make a screenshot of this menu please. (upload to http://imageshack.us/)

Hmmm, I think you might be on to something. I faintly recall changing one of the drives around in this menu recently, I just can't recall which one(s).

screenshotgxg.th.png

complete that window whatever way you want

press f7 on the main window or choose to show the category list from the options menu

then choose the "All" category from the category list

I'm sorry, I'm new to all of this, so you're going to have to dumb it down (step by step) for me as much as possible (thanks again for helping me by the way).

F7 does absolutely nothing for me, whether I'm in the categories menu/preferences/etc.

What am I choosing to do anyways when I should be selecting "all"?

Could I just uninstall uTorrent - reinstall - and add all of my torrents back (I assume this would take some time)?

I just want to know how to reactive all of the torrents I'm seeding and get rid of this message prompt.

I guess I should have explained how I have my torrents setup. I have a couple of hundred spread out between three drives. It looks like I'm receiving errors on those located on one specific drive (H). It's informing me that utorrent cannot open each .torrent file where it is located.

So from here, I suppose I have to direct utorrent to the right location of these torrent files. What settings should I have set in Preferences --> Directories?

Save the .torrent files on a place that you are sure it will never change (eg drive letter) or be temporarily disconnected (eg external drive).

By default µT saves .torrent into the folder %appdata%\utorrent (system drive). You can create a folder called \Torrents in %appdata%\utorrent and save the .torrents into it.

Save the .torrent files on a place that you are sure it will never change (eg drive letter) or be temporarily disconnected (eg external drive).

By default µT saves .torrent into the folder %appdata%\utorrent (system drive). You can create a folder called \Torrents in %appdata%\utorrent and save the .torrents into it.

Roger that.

And as soon as I'm successful in saving my torrent files to a particular drive, what would my next step be?

Sorry, I've been away with a mini-vacation and haven't had access to a computer.

Anyways I manage to properly access uTorrent without receiving the annoying prompt as usual.

Now I find myself with several torrents with Status Errors reading "Error: Can't opent .torrent file: *location and name of torrent*".

Strangely enough, they are all located on a particular drive, and I can confirm that by opening the containing folder of each immediately plays the video in question.

So now I need to know where I go from here. Force-Checking does nothing, nor does start or force start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Archived