HELP NEEDED! (Coptrights Infringement Notice).

spiros68

Can someone please give me some advice. I have recieved a copyrights infringement notice from my ISP, the complaint comes from; [sonyPicturesEntertainment <SPECopyright@mc.mediasentry.com>].

They are asking me to cease all these activities, or else my contract will be terminated.

I am a newbie at downloading torrents, so I've asked a few friends for advice, and they suggested that I get myself a seedbox or VPN. The problem with a seedbox is, that I don't think I'd need to use utorrent any more, but the thing is that I'm quite happy using utorrent. So the only option I know of is a VPN.

Does anybody know if there are any vpn suppliers, that condone downloading torrent movies? and is a vpn compatible with utorrent when downloading?

I would also appreciate it, if someone could suggest a few vpn websites that I could take a look at, or any thing else that they could suggest. Any idea would be much appreciated, THANX!

It's not clear whether the notice from Sony resulted from bittorrent activity or something else. As for torrents, a Socks5 proxy is another alternative. You could Google on bittorent and proxy and come up with some sites.

I use a proxy called SuperchargeMyTorrent, and it seems to work as advertised, at a reasonable cost, but you have to be very careful using it with uTorrent to prevent your IP from being leaked outside the proxy. As I understand it, the proxy re-routes only the uTorrent activity, whereas a VPN re-routes everything going out of your computer.

"If you choose a local VPN, do you get better speeds?"

A VPN cannot give you any more speed than the max for your line, MINUS the overheads of the VPN.

However if the VPN manages to "hide" from your ISP's disrupting/throttling of BitTorrent traffic, yes it would still be faster than without a VPN.

• 2 weeks later...

I also just got slammed!!!... It is quite obvious that the product DOES NOT OFFER THE PROTECTION as suggested by the Bittorrent field under Preferences...effectively.............

Looking for a different product that does provide assurance of protection....

Suggestions of products that are TRIED AND TRUE AND HAVE WORKED FOR YEARS WITH CONTINUED DOWNLOADS........SUGGESTIONS PLEASE....NOT INTERESTED IN BETA LEVEL PRODUCTS AS THIS OBVIOUSLY IS!!

THANKS,

:

Archived