[10:36:19] Unable to map UPnP port to 192.168.1.103:32459

jet

umm, i'm getting the same error, i allready have a static ip setup and allready have the port forwarded, i didn't got that message before 1.5 though.., the rest seems to be the same, i hope i'm not losing any dl performance because of this.

I'm getting the same problem, the UPnP doesn't want to forward the port on to the router in 1.5

The orb thing stays red continuously, and the logger reports that the port hasn't been forwarded. Checking if the port is open through utorrent, says that it isn't.

v1.5 bug??

Yes all seems to work fine (get the green light) if I forward the port manually, but the UPnP doesn't seem to work with 1.5. I'd normally not worry about a small thing like this that has an easy work around, but utorrent has the "Randomize port each time utorrent starts" option, having this enabled means the port gets changed often thus having the UPnP feature becomes rather necessary.

I've changed nothing in my system setup, apart from upgrading from 1.4.2 to 1.5, now the logger reports that the port wasn't forwarded (something the utorrent port checking feature confirms) so I have a continuous red light.

After upgrading to the new v. 1.5, we were receiving a yellow network light and the program seemed to be having trouble. We kept getting the error message (in the log) "Unable to map UPnP port to 192.168.2.2:32459", even though we already have a static IP and have implemented port forwarding (all of which worked fine until we upgraded to the new v. 1.5).

Does anyone know why this is happening and why other users (as I saw on the message boards) also are having this problem? Most importantly, does anyone know how we can fix it?

Interestingly, after typing the above, all of a sudden the program now has started to work (including a green network light), but then stopped in the middle of a download with the error message "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" and the light went back to yellow. I then tried "Start" and the download is working again (and the light went back to green). Again, have you heard about these problems, which other users apparently also are having, and does anyone know how to fix them?

Please also note: We very recently implemented "Network Magic" (http://www.NetworkMagic.com), an excellent and well-reviewed (see http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1854135,00.asp) network administration package, but I can't imagine that this is the cause of the problems with 1.5, especially as other users also have reported the same problems that we are having.

Thank you for whatever solutions you can offer.

Best regards,

Evan Katz

Archived