Guest login just continues to say Loading.... (admin works fine)

marklodge

i have utorrent server running on debian linux. Webui is working fine for admin login,

but guest login just continues to say Loading...

what could be the issue?

Guest login isn't supported for uTorrent server. That feature had a lower priority initially, so I didn't test it or try to make it work (or even make it fail gracefully). I'll add a request for it in our issue tracker, though.

I did set up a build using PAM (and tested the build product), so that is also an option, although I'd need to build specifically for PAM - currently it is a build-time option instead of a configuration file option, and it isn't available in the released archives. Post if PAM support would be useful to you. I could probably add the ability to choose which authentication method to use in the configuration file without too much trouble. However, PAM support in itself would not enable guest mode.

The issue of multi-user support is yet to be resolved long-term. PAM support could include a list of users and their permitted access level (guest, admin). This feature hasn't been high enough priority to implement, but it was considered.

The expected typical use case for uTorrent server is for one or more administrators to control torrent downloads and provide seeding services to other users who aren't permitted to see the status of the server. Post if this use case doesn't meet your needs.

i have utorrent server running on debian linux. Webui is working fine for admin login' date='

but guest login just continues to say Loading...

what could be the issue?[/quote']

Guest login isn't supported for uTorrent server. That feature had a lower priority initially, so I didn't test it or try to make it work (or even make it fail gracefully). I'll add a request for it in our issue tracker, though.

I did set up a build using PAM (and tested the build product), so that is also an option, although I'd need to build specifically for PAM - currently it is a build-time option instead of a configuration file option, and it isn't available in the released archives. Post if PAM support would be useful to you. I could probably add the ability to choose which authentication method to use in the configuration file without too much trouble. However, PAM support in itself would not enable guest mode.

The issue of multi-user support is yet to be resolved long-term. PAM support could include a list of users and their permitted access level (guest, admin). This feature hasn't been high enough priority to implement, but it was considered.

The expected typical use case for uTorrent server is for one or more administrators to control torrent downloads and provide seeding services to other users who aren't permitted to see the status of the server. Post if this use case doesn't meet your needs.

Thanks for the response mcdonald. Heres an overview of my requirements and what i'm trying to setup.

I have a network or 15 users. and i've set up a local file repository on a linux box in our network (running Debian Lenny)

Now i want to have a central server which all users connect to, ad thier torrent file and i've set utorrent server to move completed file to a folder in the file repository (btw, it did not move it, just created an empty file with the torrent name at that location, probably a bug)

anyway, its now set to download it directly to the folder in the file repository, and i've checked the option to have a .ut extension on unfinished torrent downloads.

Users upload the torrent file to a specific folder in the file repository then utorrent automatically loads torrents from there and starts downloading it.

but i still need the users to be able to just see the status of their torrents. a simple view of the status of all torrents is all i require, without permission to add/stop/change priority etc.

I have a network or 15 users. and i've set up a local file repository on a linux box in our network (running Debian Lenny)

Now i want to have a central server which all users connect to, ad thier torrent file and i've set utorrent server to move completed file to a folder in the file repository (btw, it did not move it, just created an empty file with the torrent name at that location, probably a bug)

I believe other developers here have seen that in other products, and I think there's a fix for that (but not yet released).

anyway, its now set to download it directly to the folder in the file repository, and i've checked the option to have a .ut extension on unfinished torrent downloads.

Users upload the torrent file to a specific folder in the file repository then utorrent automatically loads torrents from there and starts downloading it.

but i still need the users to be able to just see the status of their torrents. a simple view of the status of all torrents is all i require, without permission to add/stop/change priority etc.

Thanks - I've added notes about your system to the guest-access issue in the issue tracking system.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
FWIW, WebUI v0.380 seems to work just fine with the guest account.

Please, i am refferring to the Linux version. The windows utorrent webui guest account works fine. The issue is with the linux ver. i downloaded the latest linux utorrent (1st March) and still guest account cannot work. Please i need a fix.

Please, i am refferring to the Linux version. The windows utorrent webui guest account works fine. The issue is with the linux ver. i downloaded the latest linux utorrent (1st March) and still guest account cannot work. Please i need a fix.

Who talking about the windows here?

Who talking about the windows here?

is this the latest versio:

µTorrent Server alpha  (3.0 build 24733)
For Linux (1.34 MB)
English (US) - March 1, 2011

coz that ver shows 0.370 and Ultima mentioned v0.380 so i tht he might be reffering to something else

is this the latest versio:

µTorrent Server alpha  (3.0 build 24733)
For Linux (1.34 MB)
English (US) - March 1, 2011

coz that ver shows 0.370 and Ultima mentioned v0.380 so i tht he might be reffering to something else

Iif you wait v0.380 itself to come to you, it can be take too long time. :P

Archived