The 2.2 UI Colour changes are simply awful

Stoli

Please explain why you've made such unintuitive changes. I intended detail this, but I can't even figure out what the fuck is what, and I've been using utorrent for years.

Just to give a brief example; why are 100% downloaded torrents that aren't been seeded green, and downloading torrents as well? There is literally no link between these two groups of torrents, and yet they are labelled with two shades of the same color?

Yet you decided on blue for active seeds? Why not just make the inactive torrents two different shades of grey, instead of grey and DARK GREEN?

I realize this is patch made the UI as a whole more customizable, but why does that have to entail making the default unusable and illogical? It's not fucking complicated.

Inactive - shades of grey

Complete - Shades of Green

Downloading - Shades of Blue

Instead of this mismatch of color that will take years to get used to, and will never make sense.

I completely agree with you, it's already been a little while since that new version, and I'm still confused when I look to my torrents list. I have to spend a little more time to focus on which are done & seeding, which are inactive and which are downloading, instead of just seeing all of that in a single glance...

While waiting for this hypothetical change, is there some way to maybe customize these features ?

EDIT : I switched back to the original settings (one color for every kind of progress bar - set "gui.color_progress_bars" to "false") of the previous version. However I'm not giving up on that color thing, I just hope that next time they'll be more wisely chosen !

Archived