installing on ubuntu

fitte

Unfortunately we have to do a project in school where we have to use Ubuntu. Now I need to get my torrents up and running here.

I donloaded the alphaversion and tried to click the utserver, but it won't start, what should I do? Sorry, I don't know much about Linux, Unix and Ubuntu.

Click? Click??? What is click? You're on Linux now, boy. You'll have to learn to type:D

There are several quickstart guides already in the Linux forum, but here;s a rough outline:

1. Unpack the tarball to some directory.

2. Run utserver in a terminal so you can see if it bombs.

3. Open a browser and go to http://<your IP>/gui:8080

Your IP is the local IP address of your machine on the LAN, which might be something like 192.160.0.4.

The "webui" should open in your browser. This is your interface to uTorrent on Linux. You will need to enter the admin password. If it doesn't open then check your IP, check utserver is still running. If still no joy then it gets tricky. If it starts then you can configure it as needed and start utserver in the background, or automatically, or as a daemon when you boot. You can add torrents from the webui, automatically when a file hits a particular directory, or you might want to look up the Firefox extensions to help you. Or there are some command line tools look here in the forums.

Click? Click??? What is click? You're on Linux now, boy. You'll have to learn to type:D

There are several quickstart guides already in the Linux forum, but here;s a rough outline:

1. Unpack the tarball to some directory.

2. Run utserver in a terminal so you can see if it bombs.

3. Open a browser and go to http://<your IP>/gui:8080

Your IP is the local IP address of your machine on the LAN, which might be something like 192.160.0.4.

The "webui" should open in your browser. This is your interface to uTorrent on Linux. You will need to enter the admin password. If it doesn't open then check your IP, check utserver is still running. If still no joy then it gets tricky. If it starts then you can configure it as needed and start utserver in the background, or automatically, or as a daemon when you boot. You can add torrents from the webui, automatically when a file hits a particular directory, or you might want to look up the Firefox extensions to help you. Or there are some command line tools look here in the forums.

Thanks, but how do I run utserver. I got to it in a terminal, but when i try to type utserver ./utserver etc it wont work.

When i right click and look at properties for utserver it says (application/x-executable).

Archived