List of error/status messages

WimIndonesia

Utorrent's error/status messages are often very unclear for users without specific knowledge.

What means 'element not found'?

What to do? How to solve the problem?

Therefore a double request:

Re-edit the text of your messages so that they are more clear. 'There is not enough space on the disk' is clear. 'Element not found' is a riddle.

Publish a searchable list of error/status messages explaining what the message means, what could cause the trouble and how to get rid of it.

I dont even know what tracker-specific errors are. I just want to say that most software developers give their users riddles instead of answers. Those messages seem to be for experts instead of simple users.

If the people who develop road signs did a similar job, most cars would never reach their destinations.

So utorrent can do NOTHING to clarify/change/edit what is written in the status/error columns?

Apparently not within the application itself.

But would it really be impossible to create a list (on the web, in the FAQ) with common error messages and explain what it means and how you can (try to) solve the problem?

I am sure I am not the first user who reads 'Element not found' and then starts a bewildering google search without any real result?

Most of the errors we display actually come from Windows. Some of the errors are internal and not all of them are as clear as they could be, but most are pretty straightforward.

We used to have a really comprehensive list of error messages, but no one really reads those things. :P

Ekement not found is actually a µTorrent error message. It's a pretty badly worded error message, but what it means is that "something" it expected to be there isn't. Try forcing a re-check.

If the list of error messages existed, where is it now?

Maybe no one read it because no one knew it existed.

Suggestion: bring it back and add a button/link/reference somewhere in the application.

A recheck often solves the problem - for 10 minutes or 1 hour or 1 day, then the same error message comes back.

As said: it is a very recent issue.

Can version 2.2 have triggered it?

Or the fact that the harddisk where I store utorrent files is almost full?

1> Those two errors come from windows, ask microsoft to make the errors more clear.

Just don't tell me the system sends utorrent this error at no request. uT tries.. like accessing file X, or memory block Y, or port Z, or whatever. Then it's "Unknown error while accessing blah-blah in such-and-such way." This one's much clearer, don't you think?

Ekement not found is actually a µTorrent error message. It's a pretty badly worded error message, but what it means is that "something" it expected to be there isn't. Try forcing a re-check.

PLEASE do something with this message, or I'll never stop thinking about uT as of Corbin Dallas... and I love Leeloo so much!..

What a pity...

Archived