Did I set up utorent correctly?

jazzman111

I've used utorrent in the past but have been away a few years. I downloaded and installed the program recently and am wondering whether it's operation has changed or whether I missed something in the set up. When I enter, say, "Stairway to Heaven" , I expect utorrent to go out and search for peer sites, then create a list of all the peers online that have the file for that particular song, classified by how many sites have it, the quality of the connection,etc. I then select a site and it proceeds to download to my hard drive. Instead, what happens when I enter that title is I get a list of _websites_ with "Stairway to heaven" in their subject heading. In other words, I may as well be using Google or Yahoo search engines. What am I doing wrong here?

I went to Options/Preferences/Advanced/Run Program and a drop down menu shows a box where I'm supposed apparently to enter a program to run "when a torrent finishes." This doesn't seem to solve my problem. I guess my point is, shouldn't full functionality to use utorrent be set up during the installation? Instead of establishing links to other PCs' and their music files, I'm getting a search engine that lists other websites, all of which want me to subscribe to their music download services. That, to me, is exactly what utorrent is supposed to provide a free alternative to. Or have things changed?

Archived