can't open .torrent file

wcoutlaws

I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem - I haven't had any major technical issues with uTorrent before, so this one has me stumped.

My UTorrent automatically updated to Version 2.2 while I wasn't at my computer. When I opened UTorrent, I found that all of my torrents were marked with the message:

"Error: can't open .torrent file [C/My Documents/Movies]"

Which is a completely incorrect filepath, and is not/was not/has never been the filepath I use for torrents, so I have no idea how/why UTorrent has apparently sourced all of my torrents from this location. Obviously, nothing will upload, as none of the files are stored where UTorrent thinks they're stored.

I tried to do a bit of troubleshooting by going into "Preferences" and setting the directories to the proper filepath (where all of my downloads are stored), applying the changes, shutting everything down, and restarting, but that didn't work. I looked at the FAQ and didn't see this issue there, so if any one has any suggestions for how to fix this or could provide me with a place to look for a fix, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks for replying.

I tried setting the directory preferences, exiting the program, then opening and forcing a recheck with the new directory preferences, to no avail - all the torrents are still marked with "error: can't open .torrent file [C/My Documents.....]" from the wrong filepath. New torrents are downloading and uploading fine, since the directory preferences are correctly set, but the old ones are a no go.

That should work, I made a try.

I renamed a .torrent from an active torrent job into .torrent.old, µT displayed the same error like you, I changed back the extension, I started the torrent job and µT forced a recheck and resumed.

Archived