uTorrent just not working.

Blocko

I installed 1.1.4 a couple of days ago and left my machine running until today when I gave it a restart. Now I can't start up uTorrent anymore. it's not in my start menu, it's nowhere on my C:, I tried downloading all of the setup files to try to reinstall any of them but none of them work. I get the arrow and hourglass mouse cursor then it goes back to normal and nothing opens up. One of the processes in the task manager says utorrent.exe but it just sits there and does nothing.

Kill all utorrent.exe present in the taskmanager, then re-run the program.

uTorrent doesn't have any setup files. It has one file: utorrent.exe. That's it. It's not an installer, it is the actual application. Save it to your desktop when downloading if you're worried about not finding it again.

Kill all utorrent.exe present in the taskmanager, then re-run the program.

uTorrent doesn't have any setup files. It has one file: utorrent.exe. That's it. It's not an installer, it is the actual application. Save it to your desktop when downloading if you're worried about not finding it again.

Tried that. Doesn't work. Same thing happens.

Did you try restarting your PC yet? Restart, and re-download the 1.1.5 with a ctrl-click to make sure it's not downloaded from the cache, then run it again.

Also, you could try deleting the data in %APPDATA%uTorrent -- it might've gotten corrupted somehow and would possibly prevent uTorrent from running.

Did you try restarting your PC yet? Restart, and re-download the 1.1.5 with a ctrl-click to make sure it's not downloaded from the cache, then run it again.

Also, you could try deleting the data in %APPDATA%uTorrent -- it might've gotten corrupted somehow and would possibly prevent uTorrent from running.

I deleted everything in the Application DatauTorrent folder. That worked. Thanks.

No problem, I'm glad it worked for you! You'll have to reconfigure uTorrent's settings however, since the settings are stored in one of the files in that folder, unfortunately.

I have the very same problem, but I am not able to find an Appdatautorrent folder. Where might that be located? Thanks for any help.

No problem, I'm glad it worked for you! You'll have to reconfigure uTorrent's settings however, since the settings are stored in one of the files in that folder, unfortunately.

I have the very same problem, but I am not able to find an Appdatautorrent folder. Where might that be located? Thanks for any help.

or you can turn on hidden files and folders, as it's hidden by default.

My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View > Show Hidden Files and Folders.

then C:Documents and Settings(your username)Application Data

What version of Windows are you using? If it's XP, go to

Start > Run > "%appdata%utorrent"

Thanks for the replys. I deleted all the files in the appdata folder and I got uTorrent to open. I start a download fine and when I go to close the program it crashes. It says uTorrent has crashed, and uTorrent will now restart. Thanks again for the replys.

You MUST have the % on both ends of %AppData%, else it won't work. :P It's a system variable.

Yeah, I had the folders hidden. I went in and changed it back and I removed all of the files in it. Thanks for replying.

i have the same problem. suddenly utorrent freeze, i kill it in the task manager and after that, i couldn't re-start utorrent. i download the 1.1.5 version. this version works.

if i start 1.1.6 or 1.1.6.1 the task is startet (in the task manager) but i don't see the program.

i have the same problem. suddenly utorrent freeze, i kill it in the task manager and after that, i couldn't re-start utorrent. i download the 1.1.5 version. this version works.

if i start 1.1.6 or 1.1.6.1 the task is startet (in the task manager) but i don't see the program.

Check here for this particular problem

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?t=1166

Archived