uTorrent Remote for Android

I'm using a galaxy tablet and I can't seem to be able to get the movies I've downloaded to play on my device once the download has finished. Everything else about this app works great, I have no problems using the remote app to add torrents, I love the fact that all I have to do is go to the regular torrent site I use, click download and I can choose to send it to uTorrent with the remote app. I just wish I could watch them! If there is something I've missed or am missing and need to download I would love some help/advise.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

DreadWingKnight appears to missing the fact, that not all people are stupid and sometimes worth to keep in mind features of the subject. Like downloading files from remote torrent to device itself ;)

2 samantha.morpaw. what are symptoms of the problem? "Not able to play" is too unclear description. You don't know where to find them on device? You can find, but nothing happens when you try to play it? uTorrent says "failed to start viewer? Player opens, but says that format is not supported?

My guess is that you're trying to play content that is not playable on your device. Note, that DivX/XviD codec and MKV container are not supported by default on some ROMs (branded and custom). Also not all H264 profiles supported on mobile devices. Maybe you've been lucky to fall on such content?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
DreadWingKnight appears to missing the fact, that not all people are stupid and sometimes worth to keep in mind features of the subject. Like downloading files from remote torrent to device itself ;)

2 samantha.morpaw. what are symptoms of the problem? "Not able to play" is too unclear description. You don't know where to find them on device? You can find, but nothing happens when you try to play it? uTorrent says "failed to start viewer? Player opens, but says that format is not supported?

My guess is that you're trying to play content that is not playable on your device. Note, that DivX/XviD codec and MKV container are not supported by default on some ROMs (branded and custom). Also not all H264 profiles supported on mobile devices. Maybe you've been lucky to fall on such content?

I have the same problem as Samantha... When I download to my device, out takes a split second, which, needless to say, is not enough time to transfer such files... And I cannot find then anywhere located on my device, nor can I find where I can change the directory where those files are transferred...,i will continue to try to figure this out, but any further assistance is much appreciated....

Hello all. I'm BitTorrent's platform manager for Android and have produced the last few updates to uTorrent Remote. kzahel is 100% correct by saying:

Downloads to the android app were disabled a few weeks ago without notifying the app or users. This was a mistake.

First, let me apologize for the outage and for not keeping you in the loop. This was definitely not intentional. It took a while for me to realize that the reports were pointing to a new and real problem, and even longer to figure out what was wrong, what needed to be done, and then to get the right people to make that happen.

The problem in retrospect was a predictable consequence of complex changes that are happening in relation to the interaction of several other products, and this one slipped through the cracks when it definitely should not have. I take the responsibility for not catching on much sooner to the fact that we'd broken something.

The good news is that the needed back-end changes have now been made and the download-to-device functionality for uTorrent Remote should now be restored. My own testing shows that this is indeed the case though I have also seen a lot of spurious errors and log-outs at the same time. I am told that these issues should abate as soon as our servers stabilize due to this change and the many others that are part of the sort of dynamic infrastructure needed to support rapid innovation. I trust that these intermittent problems will abate soon and that you will be able to count on device downloads again. If not, please let us know here or through the Android Market.

So thanks for all of your patience, problem reports, and for helping each other. Please keep it all coming. We may not always show it but we definitely always appreciate it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey! I am using an LG Optimus 2x Speed and I still get the problem with the playback. Download seems to be instant, but it doesn't actually download the file to my remote device and I also get the warning message "Failed to start viewer''. I read Melinda's message that it should be fixed by now (Oct 27 2011) but 7 months later the problem persists.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't log in to my remote app. keeps saying the computer name or password is wrong. is there a way to reset these settings? i recently updated to the newer versions and was thinking something got messed up when i did. all functions were working perfectly a month ago.

Archived