uTorrent doesn't start in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

magicn00b

I have tried uTorrent in OS X Lion, but every time I open it, Lion says me "uTorrent can't be opened because PowerPC applications are no longer supported"...

uTorrent isn't a PowerPC application but it is universal as I can read in mac system information, so why doesn't it start?

The same thing doesn't happen with BitTorrent which starts without problems...

Thanks =)

That's weird, it runs fine for me. When I first installed lion, before utorrent started up for the first time, a system notification popped up for installing java. I accepted the install and then utorrent started up with no problem for me. I Haven't a clue as to why it's saying that you're trying to run a powerpc app. What you can do to check what powerpc apps you have installed is open up system profiler, then click on the applications side bar under software. It will make a list off all the apps. Click to organize it by kind, then search for PowerPC under kind. All those that are listed as PowerPC no longer work and you might as well uninstall them.

Try downloading cocktail. Then in cocktail under System/Databases you'll see a button labeled rebuild. To the right of "Rebuild Launch Services Database". Use that. I'm not sure if it will have any effect however. But you can try.

OMG!!!

If I try to start up uTorrent in the Applications folder it get me the PowerPc error, but if I start up it in the Desktop it works correctly O_o

Could you please attach the screenshots of "About this Mac" window of your computer and of the error message that you see?

Archived