Banned My Router

notmetoo

I'm not sure if this is a question, a complaint, or an enignma... or perhaps you have a point your trying to make, but perhaps you should try this...

Preferrences>Advanced>BT.allow_same_IP: (set to "true")

Obviously, any peer on your LAN is going to have identical WAN IP address, so the default behavior is to ban the connection.

I'm not sure if this is a question, a complaint, or an enignma... or perhaps you have a point your trying to make, but perhaps you should try this...

Obviously, any peer on your LAN is going to have identical WAN IP address, so the default behavior is to ban the connection.

Thanks for the info.

You're welcome.

I think it's good that we can enable this option, but I agree it should be disabled by default. One example would be when residents share an internet connection. If you can connect to a local peer (example: your neighbor tells you about a torrent so you download it too), the speed you get across the LAN is much faster then the speed from peers in WAN. If you cannot connect to same IP, then the person in the apt next door cannot seed to you (in this example), so your download could take days instead of minutes.

Or just ignore it since it's there to prevent you from connecting to yourself.

Having that crap/spam in the logger just makes the logger usless. How are you supposed to find anything in the logger if it's hundreds of lines of "Banning peer: same peer id as existing peer" in the logger?

This setting didn't help. I'm still getting a logger full of bans.

• 3 months later...

Archived