Devs: WHY are you changing Utorrent?

solarnoise

I noticed when people complain about the new "features" you've thrown in since the good old 2.X versions, you slyly reply and say "you can change it back"

What I want to know is, WHY did you put in all this new stuff, WHY do we have to go and change our tabs, the skin, the columns, and hide the new stuff we don't want (that ugly sidebar, apps, etc).

Why didn't you just leave the interface and features as they were? Did you really see a lot of demand for apps and ugly UI changes to what used to be known as the defacto lightweight, powerful torrent client?

The install used to be simple (didn't have to look out for a toolbar install, WHY did you add that?) and the client used to look good and be setup right straight out of the box. I can't imagine why you needed to change it up. It had to be money related which is understandable, but please at least admit to that rather than selectively replying to posts reminding us we can reskin and whatnot. I want to know why you changed things up to begin with.

• 1 month later...

I'd actually missed this.

I think this phrase is really funny

"I noticed when people complain about the new "features" you've thrown in since the good old 2.X versions"

My memory might be failing me a bit, but I seem to recall there being two beta threads going a year or two back (as 2.1 and 2.2 or 2.3, Griffin and Falcon I seem to recall). One became 2.x and the other became 3.x. In other words, they were developing both versions at once. One was more feature advanced and took more time to get working right,

Archived