uTorrent simply won't connect

lostinthe60s

SpeedTest.png

As you can see from the above image, Speed Test says I have .30mbps upload speed.

.30mb/sec = 307.2kb/sec = 38.4kB/sec

I figure that 307.2 is closer to 320 than it is to 256, so I used 320 to get the chart’s values.

Since uTorrent wants the speed in kB/sec, I used 38kB/sec in the options/setup windows.

║(UPLOAD MAXIMUM║Limit│Slots ║ Torr│ MAX ║ Torr│Down .║

╠═════════════╬══╪════╬═════╪════ ═╬════╪════ ═╣

║ 224 kbit/sec ║ 20│ 3║ 35│ 55║ 2│ 1║

║ 256 kbit/sec ║ 22│ 3║ 35│ 60║ 2│ 1║

║ 320 kbit/sec ║ 29│ 3║ 35│ 80║ 3│ 2║

║ 384 kbit/sec ║ 35│ 4║ 40│ 90║ 3│ 2║

║ 448 kbit/sec ║ 40│ 4║ 40│ 100║ 3│ 2║

║ 512 kbit/sec ║ 47│ 4║ 40│ 100║ 4│ 3║

My problem is the uTorrent simply does not connect. My firewall is set up for uTorrent, and I have made sure the UpnP is enabled. Below are some screen shots that show my setup.

First, the opening screen:

MainScreen.png

After a moment or 2 the status bar at the bottom changes to:

2Min.png

Then it just sits like that.

Connection.png

Queueing.png

Bandwidth.png

As far as I can tell, I have it set up correctly. Till yesterday I was using ver2.2.1. I think that’s right. Any way, it worked just fine with the same setup. So, if anyone sees where I messed up, or if you have a suggestion, it will be greatly appreciated.

I figure that 307.2 is closer to 320 than it is to 256, so I used 320 to get the chart’s values.
You're actually supposed to round down regardless, not round to the nearest.
As far as I can tell, I have it set up correctly. Till yesterday I was using ver2.2.1. I think that’s right.
What internet security software do you have installed?

You're actually supposed to round down regardless, not round to the nearest.
As far as I can tell, I have it set up correctly. Till yesterday I was using ver2.2.1. I think that’s right.
What internet security software do you have installed?

OK, I can do the round down, but I thought that only affected speed, not connectivity. I am using AVG anti-virus, and it doesn't impact uTorrent at all. Although I do miss my Kaspersy. Also, as I said, 3 days ago uTorrent was working great, but it was an older version. 2.2.1 I think?? I do the round down right now. Thanks for the input.

Archived