Problem seeding old torrents with more than one file

Oneiroi

Hi,

I just bought myself a new computer and have kept and transferred all my torrent files and my setting files from my old computer to my new one. When I add an old torrent which has only one file in it, I select the file and click "Relocate..." and when I "Force Re-check" every thing works fine. Also, when I relocate (using the same method) torrents with more than one file that are marked as finished, I have no problems. However, when I want to relocate old torrents that have more than one file (which are marked as 0.0%), it won't do anything when I "Force Re-check".

Why does this happen, and how can I solve this problem? "Set Download Location" also doesn't work...if somehow, I could mark the old torrents as finished, than it seems that I would be able to seed them, because that seems to be the only difference between the old torrents and the new ones.

Thanks,

Simon

"Set download location" has specific requirements for what directory layer to point at when dealing with multi-file torrents.

If you're relocating and force a re-check and don't have the adjacent files (with small files in the torrents) the piece fails validation and is discarded, regardless of having the files you want, the ones you don't need to be there as well or else piece validation will continue to fail.

The migration guide covers proper steps for what you're doing.

DO NOT use relocate on the files tab if you still have the same directory structure as before.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that "Relocate" will work perfectly with most of my torrents but won't work with some for some reason. For other torrents, only the MP3 files won't be found, so all of the non-MP3 files will be detected and will start seeding, but none of the MP3 files will be found...so that might be an indicative.

Maybe the MP3s have been edited in some way that uTorrent doesn't recognize them anymore? I'm using iTunes for reading them.

Thanks,

Simon

Archived