Bandwidth/upload speed test error.

Teros

I am sure I am not the first to bring this topic up, but no other post I have seen so far has helped me. I have tried all the previous troubleshooting tips on here, but still getting errors every time I try optimize my settings. Network passes every time, however when I start a torrent, it starts fast and slows up to a grinding halt. The amount of seeds seems to be disregarded since they all seem end up the same way. I am sure I have not tried everything. However, some of the other options to try, such as router settings, etc are quite difficult for me to understand. Any help would be appreciated!

Honestly I see no reason to use µT's speed test feature. I have both my upload and download speeds set to 0 (i.e., no limit), and it flies. uT simply adjusts to the fastest speed you have and acts accordingly. When I moved to Texas, this new ISP offers 30-Mbps up/5 down (faster than what I had in Florida). The result is that µT runs faster by itself, I made no adjustment. Avoid the headaches, skip the speedtest and set that to 0.

Only error I can think of is when I run tests. Network passes with no problems, however, bandwidth/upload speed always seems to time out or get an error. The two errors I have seen so far are Connection Fail Error: Timed out. (10060). Was running USA,CA,LA (closest to me) and also tried mountain view. I found my approx upload speed, but it changes a tiny bit every time I test it, but its between 768kbit/s and 1Mbit. I will try to get that other error and post it later if I come across it again.

Btw, like I said earlier I have tried doing that going through FAQ and search. My torrent should not be a slow as it is and taking 1 or 2 dls at a time doesn't seem to make a difference. Could get a bunch of seeds, still slow as hell. Like I said, I tried what I could understand from the FAQ.

Archived