where is maximum number of upload slots???

parapara5

we have number of upload slots per torrent, but where is maximum number of upload slots???

if i have 100 seeds and i set upload slots per torrent to 1, and get 100 people uploading, it will still be too many..... if i have 2 seeds and i set slots per torrent to 5 (hoping to get 10 uploaders), but no one is uploading for one of the torrents, then i will not have enough...

i want to maximize upload speed, but uploaders are not distributed evenly among all seeds. so what is the point of upload slots per torrent? (and peers per torrent while we're at it)

isn't that what i said?

oh.. you're saying 2 torrents will seed faster than 100... right, but not if there is no one uploading from the 2 seeds you decide to keep active.

so why not have 100 torrents with 'maximum global upload slots ~10 or whatever"?

plus wouldn't it be good to keep seeding lots for the rare bits?

i'm getting confused. or maybe i didn't explain right - my last proposal is for example if i have 100 seeds, 5 will be started/seeding, the rest will be stopped/finished, but if any of the seeding ones have low activity - then utorrent will stop them and start a different one after like a couple minutes or something

Archived