uTorrent is hanging

Tunetyme

I've been running the alpha for 24 hours. I am getting good speed. What I am seeing is the program is hanging. I get a error message that the program is not responding but if I wait awhile (up to 5 minutes) it clears itself. I wish I could give you more details.

I would like to try streaming but I am not familiar with the "how 2's". Is there a faq on this for the alpha? My next question is can I just stream a file and save it for viewing later?

Tunetyme

XP Pro 32 bit

After 5 days this is what I have observed. The health bars are not working. This release is not playing nicely with other programs. I can not not use Firefox while this is running. It appears that when it is time to write something to disc it hangs for about 8 seconds and every other program that is running is affected. For example if I am copy a file while this occurs it stops or slows down to a crawl. I see similar problems with other programs such as Word and JRiver Media Center.

If you have a fix for these I will be glad to continue testing. If not then I will back down to a stable version until a new version is available. Let me know when it is available.

BTW is there some FAQ or info on streaming files? I would like to test this if I could get some basic instruction on how to stream to a file for later viewing.

System config:

Windows XP Pro 32

Avast Anti Virus

Auto Hide IP

I have been using uTorrent for a while now on Win7 Pro x64 on a multi core machine.

The only thing that is REALLY getting to me is that it hangs (not responding) all the time, sometimes it corrects itself but most often not. I have installed the latest Beta with the hope that this would be corrected, but unfortunately the same problem comes up.

I have set the affinity of the uTorrent process to only use 1 of the cores but the problem persists.:(

I REALLY like the uTorrent program but it is getting to a stage where I will have to use something else.

Please help

I have been using uTorrent for a while now on Win7 Pro x64 on a multi core machine.

The only thing that is REALLY getting to me is that it hangs (not responding) all the time, sometimes it corrects itself but most often not. I have installed the latest Beta with the hope that this would be corrected, but unfortunately the same problem comes up.

I have set the affinity of the uTorrent process to only use 1 of the cores but the problem persists.:(

I REALLY like the uTorrent program but it is getting to a stage where I will have to use something else.

Please help

Just adding to this, I have just downgraded to version 2.0.4 and it is working GREAT! not sure what the changes were made in the upgrades to cause the problem above.

I have build 25835. It crashed overnight. It failed to send the crash report. Where can I find it and where do I send it?

The hanging problem is persisting. It halts for about 8 seconds and then restarts. This occurs ever few minutes.

Guys, I agreed to help test this and I am happy to do so. However it is equally important that you provide some feedback or even an acknowledgement that you are addressing the problem.

For now I am going to abandon the beta testing and move back to a stable version. Let me know when you think you have a fix for this and I will try to help but this needs to be a two way street.

Shaunnis: Where can I find that version?

You asked me to help test the new version. I post on here and I don't receive a response. I want a functioning piece of software. I am happy to help but it would be nice if there was a little feed back. Like we are working on it. I feel like I am wasting my time. At least acknowledge the post.

As for the older version I found it on the net.

• 3 months later...

Archived