:( Slow Downloads... Really Slow

itdevil

Hi Everyone, i just recently started using Utorrent, really a cool app... save a lot ram for... I am having problem the downloads are a lot slow...

I have 2MB ADSL line with 128k Uplink. Speedtest says i can download 230KB and 12KB Upload. From HTTP link i can download averagely 245KB sometimes.

I have tried downloading OpenOffice, with S:198 and le:10. i am just getting max 70kb :(. Only utorrent is running and my network is also offline. When i say max 70kb it mean it doesnt remain constant it fall down to 5 kb then raise up.

currently i am using Port:19593 and Random port is also check.

I am using Sunrise ADSL @ Switzerland.

I will more then glad if someone could help me solve the problem. Thank you

Is the network light green? What are you settings at Network and Torrents?

Yes, Network Light is Green

Network setting are

nw9sk.png

WinXP Firewall Is Disabled (FULLY). And before i didnt had the issue... it is the 3rd day that torrent dont seem to pick speed even they 100% seeder and and i only soul leecher. they just dont get over 50-70KB. :( :(

Picture says 9kB/s max global!!

so, what do YOU expect when YOU limit your upload?

µtorrent is a fileSHARING programm not a fileleeching tool.

You will be "punished" by reduced DL speeds if you limit your UL

Edit:

This posting is not ment as an offence or insult.

But with 9UL a download of 70 is okay in many cases depending on the torrent.

Edit2:

You might get some more DL speed if you set autgoing encrytion to enabled and tick the allow box next to it.

In swiss they have given us 2Mb/100kb line. I used the setup wizard to config. the upload speed. I didnt manually changed any value of upload.

But anyway, the problem has been resolved, the the new version of Netlimiter 2.0.7.1 was causing problem with torrent. Even thought there was no limit set on utorrent for limit upload and download it some how interfearing with torrent programs amd causing the slow speeds to upload and downloads.

After removing the NETLIMITER, the uploading and downloading speed have risen by to full speed.

ThankYou all for your support... :)

Limited Download only kicks in at 5kB/s upload. Upload has to be limited to not choke the line. With 128Kb/s up i would set it to 13.

nah, doesnt have to do with the utorrent cap limiter, in bittorrent is easy, you share you get, and if u'r only sharing 9kB/s not all people will be interested in sharing to you, thats what he meant by limited download

• 2 years later...

Hey, I was using azureus but found that to be todds so started using utorrent, don't know why but this helped me after playing with my settings, out of the box I had download speeds of a max 3.3kB/s!! horrific, and that was the same after i forwarded all necessary ports and made download speeds unlimited in utorrent and to my specified connection speed. After doing as some people stated in many forums which was to set the port higher than 10000 this still made no difference however I kept that how it was anyway because a lot of people seem to beleive that works I also installed a tcip patch that opened maximum peer connections to 50 from the standard 10, this still had no effect on my download speeds. I then checked my routers firewall and my windows firewall and neither were blocking the service from utorrent. I continued to play around in utorrent then I unchecked the checkbox protocol encryption next to the legacy connections (which I have checked) and after applying that one simple change the download speed rocketed to 278kB/s don't ask me how or why considering encryption usually makes it faster according to many people I have heard talking about this subject but hey, it worked for me so give it a try who knows.

"I also installed a tcip patch that opened maximum peer connections to 50 from the standard 10"

No-such-thing. There is a TCPIP patch that increases how many NEW outgoing (half-open) connections your computer can ATTEMPT at once. But you could have connections to 100 ips at once even with the half-open (outgoing) connection rate set to only 1. Incoming connections do not count against this half-open outgoing connection limit -- but you'll only get incoming connections if uTorrent isn't firewalled. (green light at bottom of window!) So as you can imagine, changing this may have little effect on download/upload speeds...and in fact may decrease them if set too high!

"I unchecked the checkbox protocol encryption next to the legacy connections (which I have checked)"

There is no checkbox to ENABLE protocol encryption...only a checkbox to disable legacy connections that DON'T use encryption. By disabling all non-encrypted connections...for some strange reason you get 'great' speeds. This tells me your ISP (BT Central in UK?) is almost certainly monitoring what you're doing and crippling your line if they detect unencrypted BitTorrent traffic.

Archived